Sunday, December 11, 2011

Azur Real Hotel Boutique

We had no idea the Azur Real Hotel Boutique in Cordoba was listed on the "Hot List 2010" in Conde Nast Traveller magazine. We booked this hotel on the advice of Trip Advisor.  It is lovely and the price was right. It is a boutique hotel with only 14 rooms. Here they provide all the comforts of home. I especially like their pillow menu (Menu de almohadas): Duvet, Cervical, Plumas, Soft, Firm and Latex. The message said, "To ensure your dreams are as sweet as possible, the following pillow menu is at your disposal". I decided I like this place! The location is a couple blocks from the cathedral in the city center. Two years ago an old townhouse was rennovated incorporating both traditional elements like exposed brick walls and wrought iron balconies with contemporary furnishings, glass sinks and interesting light fixtures. The roof top includes a soaking pool, gym and spa. The area is furnished with comfortable outdoor furniture situated under a canopy which makes for a lovely spot to relax and read.  We have enjoyed our stay in this hotel so much that we have decided to extend our stay and skip Mendoza, a city we know and love from previous visits. That was a tough decision. Rather than continue on our bus journey across Argentina, we are opting to fly directly to Santiago, Chile from here. We found the travel from Buenos Aires to be exhausting even though the buses are very comfortable. The distances in this vast country are huge and the buses stop frequently making the journeys even longer. 
 
Dale just finished blogging about both his reading list and reflections on the political and economic situation in Argentina and the world. I have a reading list too that looks quite different than his. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand, Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls, Water for Elephants by Sara Green, The Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater, Shattered by Dick Francis and An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor. I had several other titles on my wish list to read recommended to me by my daughter in law but I did not realize that Amazon is not available for download in Argentina. Good thing I have the entire Sir Conen Doyle Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on my Kindle.....that will keep me occupied. Of course Dale and I can always switch Kindles.....hmm......if I am desparate!
 

No comments: